All right, I am a shameless plagarist, since I stole this idea for a post from one of my forum friends, Lady Rose (please do visit her blog - it's very interesting and entertaining!). However, she says in her post that she took the idea from Elenatintil (another forum friend). Gosh, the blogosphere is like homeschool family with the flu - if one person catches something, everyone's sure to get it eventually.
But, to topic. The idea is that I am posting ten quotes from some of my favourite films below. If you can identify which film one or more of the quotes come from, say so in a comment! I will put the quotes that have been guessed in bold and identify them. So... here they are!
The Traviata post will be later this evening, for those who are waiting.
1. "Barsad and Cly. Cly and Barsad. Barsad and Cly. A case like that could be tried on sound alone. The very syllables of their names give them away."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, Cly and Barsad - obviously villains."
2. "Yourrr majhesty shall mock at me. I cannot speak yourrr England."
"Oh. Fair Katherine, if you will love me soundly with your French heart, I shall be glad to ehar you confess it brokenly with your English tongue. Do you like me, Kate?"
"Pardonez moi, I can't tell what is 'like me'."
"An angel is like you, Kate, and you are like an angel."
3. (Putting out a hand, and waiting) "Oh, you shake it."
"Um... Why?"
"I - I don't know! People do it when they meet each other." - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
4. "As the Good Book says, if a poor man eats a chicken, one of them is sick!"
"Where does the book say that?"
"All right, so it doesn't exactly say that, but somewhere there is something about a chicken!" - Fiddler on the Roof
5. (Passing a wall covered with artwork fo great heroes) "How would you like your face carved on a wall?"
"Someday, yes."
"How about now?" (BANG!!!) - The Prince of Egypt
6. "The first time he spoke to me shall always be clear in my mind. I remember it like it was yesterday. He leaned across the table, looked straight at me, and said, '____, could I trouble you for the salt?'"
7. "What care I for colds when i know that there is such a man?"
"You will care very much when your nose swells up."
"You're right. Help me, ____" - Sense and Sensibility (1995, starring Emma Thompson)
8. "They throw you out just for breaking a little statue!?!?!?"
"But it wasn't small, Mama, it was big! It was taller than you, and over two hundred years old!"
"Two hun- An old piece of junk!"
9. "That's a very tall table."
"It's for a rich man."
"Does he like to eat standing up?"
"He likes to eat like so." (sitting)
"This will never catch on." - The Passion of the Christ
And one that's a bit of a cheat, since the latter part didn't get into the film, but it did show up in the middle of an interview on the special features. To make it harder, I'm rephrasing the first part, since it is in the film.
10. "The wives and daughters of the soliders always accompany them part of the way to wish them well."
"They carry swords?"
"Sometimes!"
Good luck! - The Return of the King, extended edition
"The Song of the Fay" Sequel is here at last!
-
Kate Alexander has two goals for her return to Scotland:#1. Stop Derek
from spending the entire summer wallowing in heartbreak.#2. Uncover the
secret magi...
1 year ago
8 comments:
Yay!! Great idea, Autumn! Okay, here goes.
3. Narnia, of course! Lucy Pevensie in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
4. Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof!
7. Marianne in Sense and Sensibility!
I'll have to do this on my blog!
P.S. I added you to my favorites. This is cfa83 from the forum, just in case. :)
Hmm...well, I know a few of these. So I'll guess the ones I can...
#3 is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, #4 is Fiddler on the Roof, #5 is Prince of Egypt, #9 is The Passion of the Christ, and #10 is Return of the King (I think). 5/10...hmm...
Good going, Raewyn and Carpe! Welcome to my blog. It's awesome to see both of you here. Any suggestions as to what sorts of things I could put up that would make for a more interesting blog?
Well, I'm thinking you could always have these little fun sort of posts, intersperse them with more lengthy, thoughtful posts, maybe have a few reviews of movies/books...
What?! How did I miss the Return of the King one? Where in the Extended Edition is it?
Ah, well. Lost to the better man. lol..well, lost to a man.:)
My thanks, Lady Autumn.*curtsies*
Hm, maybe book and movie reviews, or just your own random thoughts!
Cheers,
Grace
Random thoughts are great! Love random thoughts. Wow, my fingernails are long. Anyhow...
sorry, haven't the foggiest for the ones that are yet to be guessed. (Of course it would be the ones I know that have been guessed already.)
Fun things suggestions: do theme weeks! I've started doing that more often where all the posts I do for one week are related in someway. Like the upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean" week. Do you want to do that to?
BTW, if I am correct, the RotK extended quote is with Aragorn and Eowyn, and they are all leaving for Helm's Deep. Correct?
#2 is Henry V... one of my favorite scenes from Shakespeare. So sweet, so romantic.
And #6 is Master and Commander. I adore those books, really liked the movie, and just love Captain Jack and his great admiration for Lord Nelson.
Post a Comment