Call me irresponsible. Call me unreliable. But here I am again after a long absence. Settling into college has really overturned things, and at long last, here I am again after months. Let's see, what ought I to say?
Well, let's see. If I'm going to be talking about students around here, I'd better come up with some nomenclatures I can use to refer to them in the future without breaking security, and having to be arrested by the secret police and tortured until I recant. :)
OK, here are a few people who might be mentioned several times:
Aristotle - One of my brothers. All my siblings are presently at home, and I miss them very much. Aristotle is studious, imaginative, and has a wonderful sense of humour. He loves to cram as much information into his mind as possible. He's the Library of Alexandria, I'm telling you. I love him!
Faramir - Another brother. Faramir is just like his namesake - rather quiet and thoughtful, but one of high courage and very skilled in the ways of the world outdoors. He loves to read, and is extremely kind and generous. I love him!
Lucy Pevensie - My sister. Very energetic, curious, and full of life! Loves pretty much all the same things I do - Books, drama, humour, opera, writing, all that. She is a beautiful girl, and I'm so glad that when I'm home, God gave me such a wonderful sister to share a room with. I love her!
My Mama and Daddy - I suppose those are generic enough names, what? Absolutely wonderful man and wife, great parents, devoted to God and everything great and good. Humourous, patient, fun, kind...After our Father in Heaven and the Blessed Mother, the best parents.
Lady Clare - I am naming this very charming classmate of this because it the name of her character in a series of impromptu plays we've been enjoying around here whenever we can. A very charming, funloving maiden who loves books (GKC!), writing, craziness, dancing, her faith, and a myriad of other fascinating things.
Captain Quicksilver - Again, a name from the London Coast Tapestry. Lest there be any confusion, she is also a lady, though of the sort to swing a cutlass and ship a handspike. The Captain loves books (GKC!), writing, craziness, oh, wait, we did this already, didn't we? Well and good I stopped when i did, though, for she is no dancer, though she is a duellist, and as we were remarking just the other night, a dance is in many ways very like a duel.
As more occur to me, I'll add them. Now, what of today?
How many random things have I done in the last 48 hours?
- Went into the Musical Residence, pulled out some short ropes, and sat down to read the newspaper. The Captain walked in suspiciously and accused me of being up to something. I waved the ropes about and declared I was up to nothing. She seemed unconvinced.
- Swordfought an invisible opponent using a ruler.
- Sat in a bits of classes that I'm not enroleld in for the fun of it.
- Attended a Flowery Residence meeting that was scheduled for 11:00 at night (!)
- Wrote a message in Italian on a blackboard
- Sang and made up verses to "Blow the Man Down" while doing chores. That song is splendid for making up your own sea stories - Aristotle and I love to sing it together at home.
- Sang another sea song of which I only know one verse, because I've only heard the beginning from "Master and Commander"
- Applauded a Crusade on Meatballs, declared on the anniversary of the convocation of the First Crusade
- Watched "This is My Idea" and "Practice, Practice, Practice" from The Swan Princess. A couple of girls is my house were atching it. Despite being a college student, I still have a soft spot for some animated movies, and The Swan Princess is right up there with Beauty and the Beast and The Prince of Egypt.
NOTE: Studying, attending classes, going to Mass and such, are not included on this list. I do them in abundance,
but they are not random. I'll post about the serious things another time. I need to go to lunch now.
God bless you!
Non mihi, Domine, sed Nomine Tuo da gloriam.
"The Song of the Fay" Sequel is here at last!
-
Kate Alexander has two goals for her return to Scotland:#1. Stop Derek
from spending the entire summer wallowing in heartbreak.#2. Uncover the
secret magi...
1 year ago
4 comments:
hi...
nice to find you...
GOD bless...
Yay! My sissy is back!!!! *big hug*
Like the makeover!
Cool names for your friends and family! I've been meaning to do that with my people for a while. Someday...
It's good to 'see' you again! I'm glad to hear that you're settling into college so well... and a little envious, too! I still have another year to wait.
And three cheers for GKC and all who love him and his works! :D
E-C-H-O-X:
Thank you! God bless you too!
Rose:
Aren't you a 'Lady' anymore, Lady Rose of the Sacra Cor? :) *Hugs her dear sister back* Thank you. I like this setup much better. Far more 'traditional looking', if a blog can look traditional...
Mam'selle Duroc:
The year will fly by, Clare! Good to 'see' you again as well. A pair of ex-moderators, eh, what?
Yes, three cheers and a pint of the best ale for Chesterton!
Post a Comment