Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yes, I'm Still Around

My friends! My friends! Come back - I'm still here - and I am going to start posting regularly again. Truly I shall! I am penitent for my silence. I beg your mercy! I promise to do my faithful duty from now on. :)

And here is a perfect oppurtunity to get back into the swing of things. I have been 'tagged' by Lady Rose, my forum sister, and so, here we go!

I am: a traveler in the desert, thirsting for clear water. I am a wanderer in the darkness, guided by the stars of heaven. I am a ball in the Beautiful Hands of the Infant Christ. I am a sinner in need of God's mercy.

I think: that the world is a song, and the song is exciting. (Yes, I am a Les Mis fan)

I know: the Sacred Heart of Jesus will always be there for me, and that nothing else matters.

I have: two wonderful younger brothers, a marvelous young sister, and a fantastic mother and father.

I wish: to always do God's will and to be guided by Him always.

I hate: :-) The Sheriff of Nottingham, shoelaces with the eyelets broken off, the Murdstones from David Copperfield, worn out socks, Cornish rock giants, "Idomoneo", and of course, the devil.

I miss: the oppurtunity to go to daily Mass. But I shall have it again in another month. Hoorah!

I fear: offending God.

I feel: excited about my future, secure, and happy. And a little bit sad about leaving home soon.

I hear: "Zitto zitto, piano piano," from Rossini's amazing opera "La Cenerentola" going around in my head. I fyou ever get a chance to see it, please do so. The DVD with Cecilia Bartoli, Raul Giminez and Enzo Dara is spectatcular.

I smell: a rat. I see it in the air, and I will nip it in the bud. - - - OK, so that was a joke, but a love that quote. A perfect example of the result of mixing metaphors.

I crave: to be in a full fledged dramatic production of a classic play!

I search: my soul in solitude, listening for Jesus' guidance and praying for his will in my life.

I wonder: Jesus, my Lord, my God, my All, how can Thee as I ought, and how rever this wondrous gift, so far surpassing hope or thought?

I regret: every time that I have offended the Lord. I pray through the hands of His Blessed Mother that all stain will be cleaned away.

I love: Reading, writing - really anything to do with words. I love words themselves. Now, take "Mellifluous" - isn't that a fantastic word? Or "Fuggevole" (pronounced foo-JEV-o-lay) - wonderful!

I ache: for the souls in Purgatory. here is the beautiful Prayer of St. Gertrude the Great, which was given to the holy woman by Our Lord Himself for the relief of the souls in purgatory and for the entire world.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son Jesus, in union with all the Masses said throughout the world today, for the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal Church, and those in my own home and within my family. Amen.

I am not: either of the two powerful stereotypes that have been spread to bias the world against Catholics. I am not a sissy pushover indulging in escapism, nor am I a judgemental, narrow-minded infidel-hater out to destroy everything that gives joy. I am Catholic - I love life, I love the Lord, I take joy, I live, and I hope one day to be happy forever with God in Heaven through choosing to serve Him here.

I believe, I adore, I trust, and I love Thee, Lord, and I beg pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not trust, and do not love Thee.

I dance: All kinds of ballroom dance, but my favourites would have to be Waltz, Samba, and Jive.

I sing: mezzo soprano.

I cry: At the thought of being far from those I love, but I know that God will guide me always.

I don't always: do what I ought. *sigh*

I fight: Against the belief that one ought only to be introduced to Shakespeare in high school. I am my siblings are living proof that the Bard is for all ages! I should post that speech I wrote when I was thirteen...

I write: novels, short stories, essays, poetry, scripts, screenplays, letters - you name it.

I win: prizes at local music festivals for speech and musical theatre sometimes.

I lose: at chess. Every time. :)

I never: will understand how most current women's fashions became acceptable. Modesty is beautiful!

I always: sing every day.

I listen: to "La Boheme" in awe.

I can usually be found: on the Planet Earth. Stop by sometime. :)

I am scared: of getting aphids in my hair when running through certain bushes.

I need: G. K. Chesterton. I can't live without him.

I am happy about: the fact that I own the most affectionate cat in the world.

I imagine: that if you've got this far you're probably a member of my family. :)

I am wearing: Black pants, black sock, and a red T-shirt with "Roman Catholic Original - 2000 Years of Christian Tradition" and the Nicene Creed on the back.

I look forward too: Getting back to posting regularly on my blog!

3 comments:

Grace K. said...

Auntie Autumn! *hugs her* You're back! Lol..don't worry, I'm back too. Won't abandon you...

Aaahh, your answers are so beautiful! You have the most affectinate cat in the world? I must come visit you. I love kitties and all things that purrr. Some people ask me, "Cats? Dogs are so much better!"

Which I don't understand. I love dogs yes, but they drool, they slobber, they stink, and they bark.

Cats on the other hand, are so delightfully luxurious and lazy, and also industrious. They are mousers and ratters, (Yes, I made up a word..) they are clean, they purr, they rub up against you, they mew-ow, they purr, they look so very regal and beautiful, they purr, they love to stretch and sleep, oh, and did I mention they purr? ;)

Missed you auntie! Thou musts posts agains.

*sighs* Whould you believe I've STILL not read any Chesterton? and that's being on the forum, surrounded by all you Chesterton-philes..lol.

What are some good books of his, dear Aunt O' mine, that are good to start out with? I know his stuff is not exactly heavy, so something light, please? I don't think I can jump head-first and head-long in to his deeper theological writings. I should rather like to ease my way in with him, and grow comfortable.

And then barricaid myself in the attic with a friendly rat and a bushel of apples to weep over him. ;) Sound familar?

Come by and visit!

God Bless!
Your loving niece,
Raewyn

P.S. A very long comment/letter from me, to you. :)

AutumnRose said...

Aw, Raewyn! How kind of you. Yes, cats are beautiful on a much regular basis than dogs. Some dogs I could name are fabulous, however, they are few and far between. I suppose cats don't have so much to live up to - no 'man's best friend' epithet attached to them. Maybe it's because I'm not a man. :) jk. Did you ever hear Tolkien's quote about dogs and cats? I can't remember the exact words, but it is something to the effect that a dog is a well-intentioned labourer with no concience, and a cat is a pharisee. I liked that.

Well, I'm afraid I must run off to do something, but I will answer your question about Chesterton for beginners in a post, ok? Thank you so much, my dear *niece* (for those of you not in on it, I belong to a forum where some of us have decided that we are all related somehow and have devised these family bonds for ourselves).

Rose Marchen said...

Ha, you were right! I am a member of your family... so that is how I got to the end of your list!

Wonderful!