Thursday, July 3, 2008

Back From Dance Camp

When marimba rythms start to play, stay with me, sway with me...
Jumpin' jive, and then you really gotta...
So she dances, in and out of the crowd, like a glance...
A short while ago, I attended a wonderful Ballroom Dance Camp. I have been attending these about twice a year since 2004, and I cannot express what a splendid addition they are to anyone's life! Over two days, our wonderful instructors led us through the foxtrot, waltz, jive, rumba, samba, cha-cha, and mambo, with several lessons a day and a ball to finish off the camp. We broke out with a few, easy to do/learn dances that during the ball as well, such as the Chicken Dance, Cadillac Ranch, Cotton-Eyed Joe, the French Minuet, and the Seven-Step.
What a great deal of fun. I can only say this - if you haven't learned ballroom dancing, start learning. Right now. Call someone who knows, pick up an instruction book, stawalking backwards as smoothly as you can - you will never regret it!
Our fabulous instructers, with over 25 years of dance experience (homeschool parents, too!)
Preliminary instruction.
My sister dancing with a friend - and yes, that is me in the pink in the background.
Cotton-Eyed Joe - Southern style!

See you on the floor!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounded like you had fun learning how to do ballroom dancing.

Your sister in Christ!!!!!!!!!

Rose Marchen said...

I so want to learn ballroom dancing! Need to look into that around here...

Rose Marchen said...

Autumn Rose, I tagged you on my blog! Go there and it is pretty easy to figure out!

AutumnRose said...

Thanks, Lady Rose, my dear sister. Um - I dont' go to a lot of blogs, and all the ones I do go to have been tagged for the mostpart. So... this tandem might end here. :) I'll see about tagging Elena. But anyway, it will be fun to answer it here Thanks!

Grace K. said...

Ooh, that looks like so much fun!

I take ballroom dance, but it's not as nice as that. And we don't have nearly as many kids!
(Or boys, lol... I feel bad because one or two girls have to be boys, and learn their steps and remember the girl's part as well!)

I haven't gone in a while because of trips, so I've missed out on a lot! Looking forward to my next class though.

Auntie Autumn, you have such pretty hair! *squints* Eh, from what I can see...And that is a lovely shade of pink on you! :)